- Inmates will rise at 5:00 a.m. Cleaning supplies will be placed in cells at 5:15 a.m. and removed at 5:45 a.m.
- Lights are turned off at 11:00 p.m. Weekdays and 12:00 p.m. Weekends.
- Meals will be served at 6 a.m., 12 a.m., and 5 p.m. All inmates will come to the door for Roll Call. All inmates will be fully dressed when coming to the door.
- All legal mail is opened in front of the inmates, other opened and inspected of mail suspected of containing contraband. All stamps, seals, and stickers will be removed. All mail must have a return address, otherwise it will be placed in the inmate's property. There will be no Inmate to Inmate mail without approval. If an inmate receives mail from another institution, it will be placed returned. All mail must NOT have writing on the outside of the envelope.
- Visitation is on Wednesday and Saturday. Visitation for County - hours are 1:00 p.m. for male inmates and 3:00 p.m. for female inmates. Visitation for State are for Saturday at 8:30 a.m. Visitation for other Counties - Thursday 1:00 p.m. Males, Sundays - 3:00 p.m. Females. You must sign in 30 minutes early for visitation.
- Commissary will be run on Tuesday and Friday, or at the Jailer's discretion. Commissary requests will be picked up by 6 a.m. on those days. Commissary is a privilege, not a right.
- Inmates will conduct themselves in a quiet and orderly manner at all times.
- Destruction of Jail property will not be tolerated. Inmates will be responsible for reimbursement for any damaged property.
- There will be no sheets, blankets, or towels hanging on bunks at anytime. No paper or pictures will be allowed on the walls.
- All inmates will shower and use good personal hygiene at all times.
- Each inmate will be furnished with soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, 1 towel, 2 bed sheets, 1 blanket, 1 mattress and 2 uniforms.
- All inmates will have access to purchase hygiene items. Indigent inmates will be provided with hygiene items.
- All inmates will be allowed 5 pair of socks, 5 pairs of underwear, and 5 T-Shirts. These items must be purchased from Commissary.
- All money will be logged on inmate's account. Receipts will be provided for each transaction given to the inmate.
- There will be not contact between cells.
- All phone calls are subject to being monitored and recorded.
- Any excess property must be sent out within 30 days of booking date or it will be destroyed. Any property left 30 days after release will be destroyed.
- Each inmate will be allowed to have 5 photos. No photos larger than 5x3 and no computer generated photos are allowed. Nothing except letters in the envelopes.
- No inmate shall be standing at the door of the cell, unless summoned by a Deputy.
- Any inmate who has loss of property at the time of release must make a written complaint to the Jailer with 48 hours of their release.
- Any inmate released who has money remaining on their account and owes no fees will have a check mailed to them within 30 days of their release minus the cost of postage.
- Inmates have the right to be informed in writing of all rules, regulations, schedules, and disciplinary actions used at Hart County Jail.
- All inmates are entitled to healthcare comparable to that available to citizens in the surrounding community. Medical care will be under the direction of Southern Health Partners.
- All inmates are encouraged to maintain their personal hygiene.
- Every reasonable attempt shall be made to facilitate the exercise of religious beliefs of inmates.
- No inmate shall be discriminated against because of race or religion.
- The right to access the Courts is a fundamental right of all US citizens.
- Inmates are encouraged to maintain contact with family/friends.
- Inmates shall be allowed to file a grievance at such time he believes he has been subject to abuse, harassment, abridgement of civil rights, or denied privileges as specified in the rules.